We’re changing again – but before you freak out, take a look at how these changes will bring the most exciting live content on Spring.me, directly to you.
Your Feeds: The Basics
Now all Spring.me content will be divided into four Feeds: Questions, Answers, Photos and People. For more detailed info on your Feeds, see here.
Each of these Feeds can be filtered by Latest, Following and Featured content.
Latest: See the content that’s live right now! When selected, this filter shows you the latest Answers, Questions and Photos from all Spring.me members.
- TIP: Selecting Latest in the Questions and Photos Feed, allows you to Ask a Question or Post a Photo to the entire Spring.me community.
Following: In the Answers, Questions and Photos Feed, the Following filter allows you to see content from the people that matter most to you – Spring.me users you have chosen to Follow.
- TIP: Questions > Following, shows you all Public Questions from the Spring.me members you follow. Public Questions from the people you Follow no longer go in your Inbox. Only Direct Questions can be found in your Inbox.
- TIP: In the People Feed, the Following filter shows the people you are Following who are online right now.
- TIP: Selecting Following in the Questions and Photos Feed, allows you to share a Photo or Ask a Question to your Followers only.
Featured: View the most Popular Questions, Answers, Photos and People on Spring.me right now.
Online Now: Online Now is a filter unique to the “People” Feed. Now you can see all Spring.me members who are online right now and Ask them Live Questions!
Click here for more detail on Latest, Following and Featured.
Great news – Spring.me now available in Brazilian Portuguese, Danish and Russian!
To use Spring.me in your preferred language simply select your language on the login page or via your settings:
For in-depth instructions, please see our FAQ here
Don’t see your language? No worries more coming soon!
The Spring.me Team
If your Profile has the highest number of Likes, you win a $25 iTunes Gift Voucher!
How to enter:
To enter, Respond to this Question by mentioning your username (@username).
How to “Like” someone’s Profile Page?
Simply go to the Profile of the User you want to “Like” and click the “Like” Button located on their Profile Badge:
Let the shameless self promotion begin! Promoting yourself to your friends, on and off site, is highly encouraged.
How the winner will be decided:
The winner of the competition will be decided by Spring.me. In order to win the user must:
1. Respond to our Competition Question by mentioning their username (@username)
2. Have the most Profile Likes.
Spring.me reserves the right to have final judgement.
Winners will receive 1 iTunes Gift Voucher to the value of $25. The recipient can redeem the gift for exactly what they want — songs, movies, TV shows, apps, games, books and more.
☆ Important: Photo Sharing Privacy Options
We’ve updated our privacy options to give your more control over your Photos.
Whenever you upload a photo to your photos, you will be presented with an option to enable that photo for sharing:
Selecting Yes means your photo will be:
- Available for other members to add text to the photo and use your photo in a question.
- Available for Spring.me users to share to other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Will be publicly visible unless your account is protected.
Selecting No means:
- Users will not be able to add text or share your image.
- The image will be publicly visible, unless your account is protected.
Spring.me is slowly becoming multilingual! You can now select to use Spring.me in your preferred language. Currently only Russian is available, but don’t worry, more languages are coming soon!
Collation of Inbox Questions
Now when you receive consecutive Questions from a user they will be collated together. To view all questions from that user, simply click the “6 More”. This feature ensures your inbox is always filled with a variety of Questions.
Like and Content Sharing
If you see a Photo, Response or Question that you love, you can now Like it or Share it to your preferred social network:
Bugs We’ve Squashed:
- Your Activity notification bubble now appears on mobile
- Profile cards are back on the mobile site so now you can follow people on mobile
We’re giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Voucher for the best caption response to this image:
The response we think is the most creative AND has the most smiles, wins!
To be eligible to win you must:
- Caption the image using our caption feature. For instructions on how to do this, please see here.
- Cannot contain offensive content. We reserve the right to have final judgement on your content.
- Be a registered Spring.me member
How the winner will be decided:
The winner of the competition will be decided by Spring.me. Our decision will be based upon what we think is creative, as well as taking into consideration the number of smiles a response has received. We reserve the right to have final judgement.
This week’s changes have been about visual transformation, making Spring.me easier to use while providing a better way to express yourself.
My Photos Re-design
Upload and view your photos much easier with the redesigned “My Photos” section. Your photos will be the visual representation of who you are on Spring.me
Who’s Viewed My Profile
See who has viewed your profile in your activity feed! View their profile back and who knows, maybe you’ll find an interesting person to follow.
Find Profile Card Update
See an interesting person in the Find section? With these jazzed up profile cards, simply follow and ask them questions in one click!
Like A Profile!
Like someone’s profile? Now you can let them know:
Like my profile! I’m so lonely :’(
Bugs We’ve Squashed
Now, when you have blocked a user, not only are they blocked from asking you Questions, they are also blocked from responding to your questions and commenting on your responses.
That’s all from us this week!
The Spring.me Team